Learning Activity: 5 Elements of TCM
TCM = Traditional Chinese Medicine
To examine the basics of 5-element shiatsu in order to determine if it’s right for you
- What are the 5-elements?
- Read 5-elements framework and the elements personality-type.
- Take the 5-elements personality-type quiz.
- Go to the title of the element (above) of your personality-type and click on to read.
- Choice: You can read about the other elements. Just click on the title of the other elements (above)
- Next, you have two choice:
Choice 1: Write a poem about the element of your choice (look at the examples above).
Choice 2: Design a visual representation (e.g.,infographic, meme, mindmap, or poster) of your understanding of the 5-elements.
You will share your element personality-type and your choice activity in our online community. And comment on two other community member posts.
Now you have a self-care plan and you have examined the basics of 5-element shiatsu. But how do you know if it’s right for you? The best way is to try it out!
I hope these activities have helped you better understand your self-care plan and how receiving 5-element shiatsu might help improve your self-care plan!
Go back to the introduction page to review the learning objectives.
Self-reflection: Do you feel you have meet the learning objectives? Why? Why not?